- We all really enjoyed our stay at Symondsbury Manor. Loved the house with all of its quirky bits, especially the massive lounge/diner. It was perfect for our large gathering and the setting was wonderful.
- Tim – May 2018
- Symondsbury Manor was a wonderful place to stay. The garden is just stunning, as is the house. The decor is just fab and having fresh flowers around the house made it even lovelier. When you’re searching for a house for a lot of people, there are so many horrendous Footballers Wives-style places (please don’t quote me as saying that on your website!) so Symondsbury was a real find!
- All in all the perfect weekend. I loved having champagne on the terrace, a big birthday dinner in the spectacular dining hall and dancing in the dance hall. All of that after a lazy morning in the garden and an afternoon on the beach – can’t believe it’s so close! Wonderful.
- Lissa- May 2018
- They had a WONDERFUL time, and the feedback has been great. They loved the Manor and the grounds and really enjoyed the local pub and coastal walks. In short, a great success for their first ever Lab Retreat. I owe it all to you so thank you again for being so patient, helpful and accommodating throughout the process, it was much appreciated!
- Amy – May 2018
- I just wanted to say a huge thank you on behalf of myself, all the guests of Symondsbury Manor this weekend. We all agreed that we had never stayed in such a distinct and wonderful home – even discovering the rooms was an adventure! It was lovely to explore the grounds and to find pieces of artwork in the garden – as well as the chickens and the very friendly cats were a huge hit!
- Colleen – April 2018
- We have had the most wonderful weekend, the Manor was perfect and I truly felt ‘the lady of the manor’ for my birthday weekend!
- The kitchen was so well equipped and plenty of everything and the whole place was spotless, a true home from home! I Could not recommend Symondsbury Manor more highly!
- Kate – March 2018
- Thank you for creating such a beautiful place to stay. We had a wonderful weekend celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. The house was stunning inside and out, we couldn’t have chosen a more perfect place our stay was perfect. I loved the colour schemes and the furnishings, it felt like home!
- Richard – February 2018
- Thank you for our stay at Symondsbury Manor. It was the perfect place for our party of 17 to celebrate my husband’s 50th birthday, and a fabulous setting for the ‘Murder at the Manor’ party we held there.
- Manda – February 2018
- Thank you for a wonderful weekends stay at Symondsbury Manor.We found the house and surrounding area both stunning and relaxing and will definitely recommend you on.
- Warren – January 2018
- I just wanted to let you know that we all had a wonderful time at Symondsbury. Everyone loved the house and it certainly was the perfect setting for a memorable birthday celebration. I hope to return one day!
- Stephanie – January 2018
- We all had an absolutely wonderful time at the manor – thanks very much for letting us use it.Everyone remarked on how nice the house was, as well as the convenience of the Symondsbury Kitchen next door for breakfast. I know several of the group have said that they would like to book the venue for future family events, so hopefully it will lead to more bookings for you.
- We had a wonderful weekend celebrating two 70th birthdays. The house was lovely and quirky with interesting artwork.
The ballroom came into its own she we staged our own version of ’Strictly’. Also the‘Illchester Arms’ provided us with a hearty meal on Saturday.
A good time was had by all.
- Again, thank you for a lovely stay in Symondbury – we had a lovely time. We look forward to staying again.
We are on our way back from the Manor and just wanted to say thank you – we had a wonderful time. The manor is stunning. It was a perfect venue and we all loved the art, decor and ambience.
The recommendations for the walk and caterers worked very well so thank you for those.
“Thank you for your splendid
William Barnes. Poet 1881 to John Udal (the then owner)